This course is designed to get the complete beginner up and riding waves. Even if you’re not a complete beginner, our 3 day first waves course will be perfect for ironing out bad habits and progressing forward to the next level of riding.
3 Day First Waves Course
- Safety brief
- Explain the basic parts of the board and entering the water.
- Determine whether you are Goofy or Regular foot (left foot forward or right foot forward)
- Instruction in all the ways I know to get you up and riding on the board.
- In the sea!
- Catching waves and turning left and right.
- Moving forwards and backwards on the surfboard to generate speed and slow down.
- Catching unbroken waves ( if the conditions allow us to) and riding in the direction the waves are going.
- Practising turning and length of ride
- Fun Stuff – Switch foot surfing and headstands!
30 minutes before lesson starts
Croyde Bay Holiday Resort
Saunton Sands Beach
3 Days of 2hr sessions (6 hours)
|Lesson Start Times||